We’re delighted to invite you to join us for our third conference, The Task: The Local Church and Global Mission.
This will take place at what we’re thrilled is now our conference home, Oak Hill College, on Saturday February 25th, 2017.
Our goal this year is to delve deep together into the fundamentals of our mission:
- What is the biblical vision for the church’s role in reaching the nations?
- What does that mean for the 21st Century UK and world contexts?
As ever, this day is designed to pool experience and wisdom from the UK church and agencies for you to access. 4 practical seminars will explore different dimensions of local church engagement in global mission:
- The Workers Are Few: raising up cross-cultural workers from the local church – Andy Lines: Mission Director, Crosslinks BCMS
- Two Way Mission: receiving missionaries in the UK – Peter Ozodo:CAPRO missionary to the UK
- Youth Mission: giving youth and children a global vision – Rory Bell: TnT Ministries
- Unexpected: what happens when it ‘goes wrong’ for your missionaries? – Sheila Steven, Visiting Lecturer at Union School of Theology and former trustee of AIM
Building Partnerships, Accessing Resources
We’re delighted to have a range of mission agencies represented giving you opportunity to build fruitful church and agency partnerships.
Also, for the third year, 10ofthose will be providing a bookstall full of resources to serve you in your walk with God in world mission.
The conference will cost £20, which includes all refreshments, a lunch provided by the catering team at Oak Hill and a free book courtesy of our friends at 10ofthose. Student tickets are £15.
Why not book now? You can do so by clicking HERE.
Spread the Word!
Please feel free to share this article with other church leaders or Christians you know who would benefit from a day devoted to exploring the local church’s participation in God’s glorious mission to the nations.
Jesus’ assessment of his world remains true: the harvest is plentiful, the workers are few. Please join us for what promises to be a precious day to plead with the Lord of the harvest to send out workers from our churches into the harvest fields of his world.